Where do they come from?
The most common places are:
- Adult web sites
- Prescription Drugs
- Gambling sites
- FREE anything – Music, (LimeWire especially), Ring Tones, Game Crack Codes, Videos
- My Space Ads have been the common cause reported by customers recently. Beware of accidently clicking any MySpace ads. (Don’t drink and cruise MySpace.)
- SPAM emails, banks, PayPal, Foreign Lottery etc. Banks and credit card companies do not send you emails asking you to click links and verify your personal information. Always open a fresh browser window to get to your sensitive web site.
Groups that are Prone to attack:
- Teens. Especially teen boys.
- Parents of Teens (see above)
- Music/Movie buffs
- Parents of Music/Movie buffs
- MySpace members
- Parents of MySpace members
- Alternate Lifestyle members
- People who lend their computers to people who visit at the beach.
- People who are totally innocent and just clicked the wrong darn thing.
OK so you know you have a virus if you see any of the following going on: (the more you have the worse it is)
- Desktop view is completely wacked
- You can’t get on the internet (yes I know the obvious, you are here, but it’s a symptom and you could be goofing off at work reading this.)
- Constant pop-ups
- Computer freezing
- Running really slow
- Some popup from Windows said you were infected
- Your internet provider sent you a letter or turned off your service.
We perform complete virus removal at the shop. We go through your entire computer and clean all viruses and repair the damage caused by them. It is very rare for us to reload your computer for a virus. It happens, but it is rare. Our virus removal is your exact computer back. All your favorites, pictures, programs; just the way it was before the virus.
Free anti-virus programs do not work. (AVG) We require you to have a “paid for” program. If you don’t have one, we can supply one for you. 90% of the machines in the shop with viruses have no or free programs installed.